Monday, April 26, 2010

Journeys

So as I lamely sit here watching Twilight, I was reminiscing about Chris' and my journey over the last few years. We met about five years ago at Perks, Athens' own local brewing coffee house, to discuss my impending linguistics project on the Welsh language... Our extensive library at OU only had 2 books about the language, and they were both dictionaries... There was little interpretation of the phonemes when you are looking at sounds like /ll/, /dd/, /w/ as a vowel, etc. Duhduhduhdahhhhh Chris Davis to the rescue. We met and became purely friends, and I never would have guessed we would be where we are five years from then.

After a year of intense dating--much to the chagrin of some people, we persevered through two years of long distance dating, being engaged, and finally tying the knot in Athens... In the span of one month, we as bright-eyed, lovey-dovey newlyweds married, moved overseas to the Middle East, and started new jobs--all on our own! We have loved living in Al Ain and have made wonderful, family-like friends.

After 625 days of being married...we are ready for our next adventure--we're having a baby!!! We absolutely cannot believe this is happening to us, but we are excited beyond words. When I look at my husband sitting next to me, I can't help but be grateful that I have such a steady, hard working, loving man sharing this journey of life with me...

2 comments:

Elle said...

Félicitations ...

Je suis très heureuse pour vous deux, prends bien soin de toi ...

A très bientôt.

BIG kiss

Guylaine
http://unptipedelle.over-blog.com

Chris and Shannon said...

Merci, Guylaine! Nous sommes tres nerveux et excités!!! Ca va? Phillipe?

Lots of love!
Shannon