Saturday, August 14, 2010

31 Weeks and Travel

Well, technically I am 30 weeks and 6 days, but tomorrow we finish our travels for the summer and head back to the UAE on our next adventure there...

The last year has really taught us a lot about humility, patience, going-with-the-flow, and accepting the things we have no control over. Chris will start work at Al Dhafra Private School in Al Ain on September 13. We have to start the entire visa process over--medical tests, health insurance, visas, setting up our apartment... HOWEVER, we are really looking forward to it, and I think in hindsight, we don't regret anything that's happened. I won't be going back to work until January...too hard being 8 months pregnant in 110F heat (45C)... We'll be a little tighter with our money, but we are just so excited to be welcoming our baby girl in October that money doesn't seem to matter as much...

From the last time I posted...I need to get better at this thing...we went to Ohio to visit my family there. We did a whole host of things--soccer, dinners out, etc., but the best thing for me I think was that my step-mom, Cyndy, hosted a beautiful baby shower for me. It was absolutely divine. A few of my friends and mostly family came and brought their wisdom and so many adorable things! I think my absolute favorite was the stroller my dad and Cyndy gave us. My grandma was able to come along with my cousin Catie. I caught up with a few friends and Sarah even came for a longer visit. After a week at home, we all packed up and went to Maryland for a week of family vacation. My dad rented a house, which is right on Deep Creek Lake--about 3 hours away from New Concord. It was the first time in over a year that we were all together...BUT we didn't get a picture... Missy's looking quite pregnant, and I think she's having a slightly harder time of it this time around...

Overall it was a great visit... I got really emotional this time leaving home--Montanan and Ohio... I think it's helped us see that next year is really our last abroad. We're ready to go home...

Brian, Dad, and Cyndy at Claddaugh Irish Pub in Columbus, Ohio

Crew Soccer Game

Super cute shower gifts

Mindi and Cyndy

Some of the sisters

Me, Mindi, Missy, and Grandma Mimi

Sarah, Louise, and I

Catie and Logan

Our stroller all set up

Shower gifts
Where we stayed in Maryland

Day on the beach--Colleen, Missy, and I

Chris and I

Owen and Logan

Missy and I bump to bump

Bri et. al

Cards


(Wales to come later)

No comments: