Monday, July 19, 2010

27 weeks, traveling, kicking, and relaxing...




Well we have been Stateside almost 4 weeks now. We started off visiting my mom, step-dad Steve, and sister Colleen in the beautiful Billings, Montana. We caught up with friends at a wedding, talked to a financial adviser about money and future college tuition (eek), ate out at some amazing restaurants like Cafe Italia and Enzo (seriously if you are ever in Billings, check them out), 'museumed', watched the 4th of July fireworks from my parents' deck on the cliff, and hung out with my (Shannon) amazing fam...

After Montana, my mom, Chris, baby bump (who is quickly acquiring more frequent flier miles than some adults), and I went to Phoenix, Arizona... We wanted to check out the location for a possible place to live after we return to the USA next year. We saw my aunts, cousins, grandpa... My mom took us to see things around the State, and my memory was constantly being jogged and reminded of sights from when I lived there as a young girl... (Kindergarten to 2nd grade). We went to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, and up to Las Vegas! Though Vegas has its own reputation, we really enjoyed seeing my cousin, LOOKING at the Strip (not gambling), and going to the "Love" Cirque du Soleil show, featuring the Beattles music. Our baby girl has either discovered a passion for the Beattles or a deep loathing--she was kicking so hard that I actually jumped out of my seat momentarily!

We spent some really great quality time with my mom and aunts and cousins... They've discovered Rumikub--a British game I've been playing with Chris' family for years. We spent plenty of time playing that and swimming and catching up...

After Arizona, we left for Ohio to visit my dad. Will catch you up later about this visit.

On the BABY front, our girl is kicking and is incredibly active... Though kind of at the most random hours--9-12 pm; 4-6 am...and never during the day. Chris has started to feel her and I can see them through my shirt! It's a blessing, and we are so incredibly happy and excited for what's going to happen in 13 weeks time... We cannot wait to meet this person.

Here are a few randoms...






No comments: